Experience world class dry fly fishing in the beautiful hills of Western Massachusetts and the Mount Snow region of Southern Vermont with Chris Jackson or Deerfield Outfitters. Deerfield Outfitters is committed to catering to the needs of each client as well as sharing insights and tactics that will elevate your skills on the Deerfield and your home waters too.
“I’ve been fly fishing for 28 years and I’ve dedicated my life to this sport, and I hope my passion for fly fishing is contagious. Fly Fishing is a sport that honors tradition yet at the same time is constantly evolving as technology and new materials become available and push the sport along.”
“I spend an inordinate amount of time on the Deerfield and I hope my love for the river and the fishery becomes yours as well.”
- Western Style Float Trips and Wade Fishing
- Superb Dry Fly Fishing
- Fly rods and Reels by Sage
- Rio Fly lines and Leaders
- Flies by Umpqua as well as local tiers
- Fully Insured
- Group Outings
- All Skill Levels Welcome
- Unique river adventures available with advanced planning
Chris Jackson-owner, head guide,
Fly Fish The Deerfield Outfitters
“The list of fishing destinations highlights places I love to fish as well as offering diversity within my guide service. Having multiple destinations allows me to offer the very best fishing experience for my clients- it is often the case that when one venue gets slow another will be hot. This is not an end-all list, there are other waters I fish that are not listed due to other variables- some of my premier wild fish spots have small populations of huge fish and cannot sustain intense fishing pressure or commercial exploitation. I’ve literally watched other guides expose and ruin some wonderful small rivers that no longer fish the way they once fished. Therefore, those places are not listed but are available for clients who fish with me a lot and have a track record of being conscientious.”
What to Bring
- Be sure to purchase a Vermont fishing license or Massachusetts fishing license before your trip.
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Hat or visor
- rain gear and warm clothes (remember it’s easy to shed layers, however it’s impossible to add layers you don’t have)
- waders ( if you have felt soles please soak them in a light bleach solution before coming to fish and remember felt is illegal in Vermont )
- wading staff
- snacks and beverages for half day trips, lunch and beverages are provided for full day trips.
Contact Chris at http://www.flyfishthedeerfield.com/